The growth of curling has brought a corresponding increase in the number of bonspiels hosted by clubs throughout the northeast. Bonspiels are typically three days, although there are some one day ones as well, and can be a variety of different formats. Many members of the club choose to attend bonspiels, but Upper Valley Curling does not create bonspiel teams.
To see a listing on upcoming Bonspiels, check out the GNCC event calendar: . The GNCC Arena Club Championship is scheduled for May 1-3, 2020 at Triangle Curling Club in North Carolina.https://www.gncc.org/calendars/calendar/complete-calendar
The GNCC bi-weekly email newsletter also lists upcoming bonspiels at the end of each edition. You can sign up to receive the newsletter here: https://gncc.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ef147ff4c064fdbf8cc0d3fe7&id=ddaaed9a4a
If you have never played in a bonspiel, some good ones to consider when starting out are:
- The Cool Duck, 5 and under, at Ardsley Curling Club (teams must consist of players with 5 or fewer years curling experience). Full for 2019, but look for it in the fall of 2020.
- The , January 23-26, 2020Schenectady Open Bonspiel
- The Schenectady 10 and under, December 13-15 2019
- The Mudspiel at Plymouth University (arena and nearby). Usually held in April.
- The Rutland Rocks Verspiel (one day bonspiel). Usually in late February or early March.
There are lots of different options out there!